DOJ Documents Confirm Existence of Communications Between FBI & Pfizer about Project Veritas
• According to a Freedom of Information/Privacy Acts (“FOIPA”) request response issued by the Department of Justice (“DOJ”), it appears there are indeed communications between Pfizer and the FBI about Project Veritas.
• The request for communications, filed by legal advocacy nonprofit Judicial Watch, was acknowledged but denied by the DOJ which cited an exemption over law enforcement proceedings.
• “The FBI has completed its search for records responsive to your request. The material you requested is located in an investigative file which is exempt from disclosure[.]” A direct quote from DOJ FOIPA response letter.
• A separate response letter from the DOJ cited “invasions of personal privacy,” as the basis for rejecting a separate, but similar, Freedom of Information Act (“FOIA”) request to the FBI.
• Project Veritas, which previously broke news stories on Pfizer over the past year, was not previously aware of “law enforcement proceedings” relating to those investigations.